Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Stray Dog


I’m sound asleep when suddenly I’m thrust into a cardboard box, lifted away and carried threw to the sound of rushing water. A flying sensation fills my body. Next moment I’m sailing away. My ears pound as I listen to the cackles of laughter as I slowly drift away. My head spins in circles…

I awake with a jolt. The box is half dead. Sodden pieces floating around me. I’m desperate to get out of this torture. I’m freezing bitterly as my fur is drenched. I haven’t had anything to eat in the past few hours. What makes it worst you ask? I am just a pup of 10 weeks. My mother got taken away form me at the minuscule age of 2 weeks. The box reaches land at last. The horns of lumber trucks and police cars fill my ears. I sigh, reality it’s life.

Some dogs get pampered at posh salons and then go out for a bite at a fancy club. I wish. My life is far from that and the scariest part? There is still a few decades to struggle threw.  I crawl cautiously out of the box. I slither like a snake around this unusual city. The lights flare in my eyes. A big city a small dog. Where to sleep I ask myself. I marauder around place to place.  I’m officially homeless. Lost, scared, afraid. Unwanted by people in this cruel world. Abandoned. Fright is starting to creep up on me like a ghost on Halloween night. I think to myself. Why am I panicking? Why? I need to stay calm and cool.  But I’m not. I’m obviously freaking out on the scene. Some nice ladies are walking threw the city. I bark and act all adorable. I feel like dying. Right now! This instant. One of the ladies gives me her ham sandwich. I sniff at it tentatively. I like the smell and gobble it all up. For a few minutes the ladies converse. Finally they pick me up and put me into a box. Bu this time with care love and compassion. They take me home and I’m all set for a spectacular end to life. 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous story, Zara. You have a wonderful way with words.
    Watch out for through/ threw.
    Looking forward to your next piece of writing.
    Mrs D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous story, Zara. You have a wonderful way with words.
    Watch out for through/ threw.
    Looking forward to your next piece of writing.
    Mrs D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Zara I loved the discription in your story I could easily picture it in my mind I also liked the happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing story Zara!
    I love your sentences witch have so much excitement and suspence in them!
    -Michaela

    ReplyDelete