Friday, August 17, 2012

Joe the rabbit


My name is Joe the rabbit. I love to roam round in the tussock where I camouflage and eat the insects and bugs. I have a friend called Rocky the cheetah, who likes to try and eat me. Lots of hunters try to kill rabbit, but we have our own weapons, big ears, a big nose and very good eyes. Those are our weapons. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t and we get out smarted. We can also run like the wind. We dig borrows to live in. I made a very nice one that was so deep it took me a couple of days to dig. Then I put some stay in it for comfort. I have a family of four. I love them dearly. I hunt food for them to eat and we play family games like rabbit of cards. After we finish the games I send the bunnies off to bed. Then my wife stays back while I look for a new place for a hole. One night I was out and I heard a truck that had a bright light moving round and they spotted me. I stopped because I was startled. Then someone one got out and took a shot at me but fortunately it missed. I ran straight back to my hole. It was a rough adventure up the rocky hill to get to my hole. The bunnies were hungry and screaming for food. I had two options, one was stay there and listen to them scream or go find food. I chose to go find food, now it is pitch black. I’m scared but I know I’m doing the right thing. I found a few beetles and six ants. When I came back my bunnies were still screaming, but when I gave them some food they went quiet.        

No comments:

Post a Comment