Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cricket Girl


My favorite sport in the world is Cricket!

I started playing cricket at the age of 7, so I've been playing for 4 years.

Out of those 4 years I've never ever been in a team with any other girl apart from myself.

Cricket is in my blood, my Dad played, my Two older Cousins, my Uncle and Grandad. When they were younger though.

My Dad started playing when he was 12 and has his name printed on a honors board in Auckland, Karaka and Palmerston North for the number of wickets hit or speed of bowl and runs hit. My fastest bowling speed is 72mph I was timed with a speed gun at the cricket programme and had the fastest bowl.

I have always had the same coach through all of my years of Cricket.  His name is Hamish, not my Dad, but my father umpires for our team. I usually play with people I know, from school: Sam, Josh, Mason, Mitchell, Thomas, Callum and others. I think we should make a school cricket team, as we have many wonderful cricketers and I'm sure some other pupils will love to give this wonderful sport a go. Remember, its not just for boys! Its all about enjoying yourself and the effort of teamwork put in!

No comments:

Post a Comment